Friday, October 3, 2008

We Survived!

Jace survived daycare! Usually I only work once a week and Ryan's sister and mom watch Jace which is a perfect schedule for us. He gets to spend time with them and I get to keep my hand in the nutrition world and make a little extra money. But the past 3 weeks I worked everyday covering for a dietitian at the hospital who was on vacation. I enjoyed the work (seeing babies in the NICU which is what I did for 3 years prior to having Jace) but it was hard to be gone everyday. So instead of finding someone to watch Jace everyday we decided the best option would be a daycare.
Jace screamed when I dropped him off for the first two weeks but by the third week he really got the hang out it. He ate really well, played, did activities and really loved his teacher (although you can't tell from the picture). And thanks to daycare, had a perma-runny nose for 3 weeks straight, poor kid. But overall it wasn't bad and kind of sad today to leave. His teacher was sad to see him go. Now we're looking forward again to our runs in the morning, going back to playgroup, and spending more time together at home.

6 comments:

Jason Both said...

It sounds like they kept Jace busy. That's the nice thing about daycare. Jace is so cute.

Kerry and Dave said...

That's great that he had a good experience there (besides missing you at the beginning) and that it all worked out. I know it's really hard to work every day, so I'm glad that's over. We can't wait to see you at Christmas and get our kids together!

Kristen said...

What a cute little family. It's good to get back in touch with you guys. And don't feel guilty at all-my 2 year old son's not in day care and he's had a cold for 3 weeks too!

The Duckworth Family said...

AAAHHHHH three weeks! I would die! I swear I miss my kids when I'm away from them one day! Although my trip there and to Alaksa pretty much killed me being without them. So glad to hear it's over although I'm sure work was fun too.

jared & amy nelson said...

Hi Carrie,
It's Amy Dance. We love following what is going on in your world. Have fun with that cute little jace. Take care. Love, Amy

Kerri said...

Congrats Jace and Carrie! That's huge news! It's nice to see that the other kids in the pic are happy too...I'm tellin' you...kids don't lie..if you want to find a good day care, look at the kids. They'll tell you if it's a good one.