Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's a Sad Day



It's a sad day for the Melville girls. After all these years of denial, Clay Aiken admits to being gay. We always believed he wasn't but there's no denying now. And this announcement coming just 2 days after my sister-in-law Kerry met Clay at the stage door for Spamolot in New York. I still love his voice and it won't change the fact that he's still my all-time favorite singer from American Idol!

11 comments:

Rebe said...

So sad.. Tyler threw my Clay magnet out the front door yesterday, but I wouldn't let him back in the house until he found it for me. It was the best day of Tyler's life. How rude...

Laura Cates said...

All those years we defended him! I'm so sad. I was trying to not let Dave find out, so he couldn't tell me "I told you!" When I called Emily and told her, she first thought I said Dave is gay! I think I'll handle this news better than I would that!

Maret said...

I, like the rest of America, am completely FLOORED by this candid revelation!

Sheila said...

You guys are so funny. Laura, I certainly hope your husband isn't gay and that it would be worse news than this :)

Jenny said...

Come on people, is anyone really surprised here? This reminds me of when Jenny Brady was in denial about Elton John for YEARS!

Kerry and Dave said...

Carrie,

You are so loyal! I'm actually laughing that after artificially inseminating a 50 year old to have his baby, you still thought there might be a slight chance he wasn't gay! :) But I'm glad I made your blog and as you said... sexual preference set aside, he has a great voice and is very talented. And I can add also that he is very friendly and nice!

Steve said...

Carrie, let me introduce you to David Cook! Now there's an awesome singer who is definitely not gay. I liked Clay, but I think David Cook is my favorite and then Carrie Underwood, so Clay only makes spot #3.
p.s. your sisters' comments crack me up!

Maret said...

Is it just me, or does the new "out 'n proud" Clay kind of resemble a young SNL "Church Lady"????

http://blogs.timesunion.com/tamburello/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/church_lady1.jpg

Sheila said...

Ok, even though I have not had a conversation with you in years I can still hear you saying this post. You are so funny! I still like him as well. He has a great voice. You make me laugh.

The Duckworth Family said...

ditto to Jenny and Sheila. Honestly, it's denial I think done in denial because really and truly you knew. I know you knew and you knew you knew and someday we will all know you knew! Whatever I just said.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Wow, I can't believe it. Well, actually, I can a little. I hope you are doing well. You look beautiful in your pictures. -Natalie