Thursday, June 3, 2010

Six Months

Eli turned 6 months a couple weeks ago. We definately don't feel like it's flown by, it feels like forever ago when we brought him home from the hospital. He's getting cuter and more fun every day. He's been sitting up really well for about a month which is so nice! He also just started saying dada and trying to clap. He loves to play peek-a-boo. Sometimes when I go in to get him after a nap I can hear him laughing and he has his little blankie over his eyes waiting for me to come in and pull it off. He gets really excited when Ryan gets home from work but when Ryan takes him he immediately looking around for me. He loves his mommy! He's already got pretty bad separation anxiety which is likely not to get better since I'm not working at all now so I'm with him all the time!
This kid loves to eat. I think he'll be on table food pretty soon! Yesterday at a birthday party he dove into Jace's cupcake and started stuffing it into his mouth as fast as he could. He has a special whine when his food's gone or he drops his cracker. I love this picture, he's starting to whine-where'd it go, where'd it go.
My mom made him a blanket out of this really soft blue and brown fabric with a matching smaller square piece with a teddy bear head on it. Eli loves to have his face covered and was putting it on his face so I had my mom make a smaller piece so I wouldn't be worried that he couldn't breath. We call it his "strip." He can't sleep without it! (sorry about the flipped picture, couldn't figure it out)
He's weighing in at ~17#, has 2 teeth, is still a little baldy, just started sleeping through the night, loves to laugh, and loves playing with his brother. He is a joy to us!

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I love his little bald head. So cute.