Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Updates

We've been busy enjoying this little guy the past 3 weeks. Eli's a sweet little baby and as been so much fun to have in our family. He's already growing so fast, growing out of his newborn clothes, and getting a bigger double chin and chubby cheeks!
Sweet baby sleeping.

He clearly did not like his first bath.
My mom came out last week to help. It was so nice to have her here. She came bearing gifts, cooked, cleaned, did laundry, organized, held Eli, played with Jace and was good company to have around. Ryan and I even got to go out to dinner while she watched the kids. And Jace, Ryan and I got to go get a Christmas tree while she stayed home with Eli. She was a good sport, our house is not the most accomodating for guests and Jace is an early riser. We get to see here again in 3 weeks, yah!
Jace was being difficult but here's Grandma with her grandsons.
It's been snowing the past few days which we've been enjoying (it's so nice to be home and not stress about the commute in bad weather like so many in Chicago do). Jace loves being outside in the snow and running and sliding around. Eli even got to spend quite a bit of time outside yesterday as well, luckily he stayed snuggly and warm in the sling.
Here's our failed attempt of a family picture. We may just be doing a picture of the boys for a Christmas card this year.
We're all a bit tired around here so we've been trying to catch some naps where we can.
I got some adorable homemade gifts from my sisters and mom.
Here's my boys. Ryan's been such a big help entertaining Jace from the second he gets home. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance two kids. Jace has been adjusting really well and loves to be around Eli. I'm trying to spend enough time playing with Jace but also making sure I'm enjoying holding my new baby as well. The hardest part is during the day when I'm feeding Eli and watching helplessly as Jace destroys the house, dumping out all the toys bins, wrestling with Elmo Live, throwing balls at the Christmas tree, and making the nativity sets "tackle" each other. But we're hanging in there and definately enjoying this time with our little ones!

3 comments:

Kerry and Dave said...

I can't stand that I don't know when I will get to hold that cute little boy! Probably when he's a lot bigger than he is now :( They grow so darn fast! And we too, had multiple failed attempts at Christmas pictures which is why we're just sending out the family pic that you guys took of us at Lake Erie -- the only half-way decent family pic we got all year!

Rebe said...

That toddler bed can't be too comfortable for a nap! I love the cute cat Mom made. Looks like Jace is doing well with Eli!

The Duckworth Family said...

I look at those pictures and just cry. I cant' wait to see you guys! NOt even a week! Yay! I know we won't get together with Cam right away, but I'll be stopping by. YOu get in on the 27th? We will be at Duckworths....but Ill call you as soon as we head up to Layton! Love you!