Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Scavenger

My neighbor put out this tricycle for the trash so I casually strolled over and took it. It's a great size for Jace although he's not exactly coordinated enough to pedal, steer, and all those complicated things. It drives me nuts watching him because he wants to do it himself, but it was a great deal to get it for free!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

So, do you try to ride it where your neighbor won't see? I'd be sneaking around afraid for them to see, but I definitely would have done the same thing. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
I had the hardest time teaching Aden how to ride a bike. I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to ride. I don't remember having problems with it. Now, I have to start working on Cooper and am not excited for another bike riding lesson.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Awesome! I love good deals and free stuff! I hope you are all doing well. How's your pregnancy? I can't remember if you knew what you were having yet. Do you?

Rebe said...

Don't be too embarrassed, we took a big dresser from the dumpster this week that Tyler is going to sand and refinish! It's totally the norm here- everyone takes stuff from the dumpsters. Who doesn't love to get free stuff that isn't too junky??

Quinn said...

I know I always say this, but that boy is the spitting image of his dad.

Kerri said...

Ha Ha...I enjoy the adjective "casually" b/c that's exactly how I nonchalantly trash-pick around here too...You don't want to look TOO eager to take it, nor do want it to look like stealing, so it's like you're just walking "La-De-Dah" and "Oh my, what's this...huh, I wonder...sure enough it comes out of the trash can, I guess I'll just take it over here..." I wish your neighbor had thought of you before just tossing such a great bike!!

The Duckworth Family said...

Yay! I love treasures like that, and how fun for the ultrasound! I can't believe you are already 21 weeks! Maliyah asked yesterday when Sunday was....when I told her two more days she got so excited because then it would only be one more week until Savannah is here! At that moment I just thought that was so cute, but then today worried about what if she comes late and next Sunday we don't have a baby! So tonight I explained how baby's come when they are ready, how she was early, Ky was late, Jade was late...etc and she seemed okay with that. But mostly I think only because then she realized that Savannah could be here sooner than a week! Funny girl. I am having more fun that my 5 year old is getting a sister than I am about having another daughter. I love it!