
This year for Thanksgiving we decided to drive down to Bowling Green, Kentucky to visit my Grandma Melville. The drive down was great. We stopped at Chick-fil-A in Indiana (one of our favorites we can't get in Illinois) and stopped again to stretch at the riverfront in Louisville, Kentucky, my old stompin' grounds (where
I was born). Jace loved the big open spaces to run around. We've been there before and think it's really pretty.


My Grandma cooked a yummy homeade Thanksgiving dinner that Ryan and I enjoyed. Unfortunately Jace wouldn't eat any of it (who doesn't like at least mashed potatoes and gravy!) so he had a bowl of cereal. He had a great time exploring a new house, playing with new toys and having fun with his Great Grandma. We were very proud of him, he slept so good (unlike our disaster vacation to Michigan in the summer).

We enjoyed warmer weather in Kentucky and spent a lot of time outside. We ran around the yard, visited a couple parks, and raked leaves.

Jace loved to help Grandma bag the leaves. Kentucky was a nice break for us from Chicago, we did a lot of relaxing, it's also a lot less crowded, has some hills in the landscape, and had lots nicer temperatures.

Ryan and I got to go on a few dates. Two different nights we went to a movie after Jace went to bed and on Friday night went down to Nashville. We ate a yummy dinner and then saw the Christmas Spectacular show with the Rockettes. It was at the Grand Ole Opry which is a really cool place. The show was a great start to the Christmas season. I wish I was a Rockette! We had a great time and were so glad Jace could hang out with his Great Grandma.

The drive back wasn't as great as the way down. We ended up being on the road 11 hours but we made it safe! There was lots of traffic, some really bad accidents and rain/snow. We came back to our first big snowstorm of the year. Jace and I bundled up and went outside to play this morning. I had to wrestle him down to put on his snowsuit and boots but he loved it once we were outside. We're ready for winter!
6 comments:
Glad you had a good time!!!
I LOVE that first picture of Jace running by the bridge! Anyways, that sounds like a picturesque vacation!
Cute pictures! I love Jace's snowsuit. We only have that many ornaments because of all the ones we took from Mom last year!
Awe....Jace is getting cuter and cuter every time I see pictures! And what I always picture him as are the few pictures I have on my fridge, so I need new ones! I'm so glad you guy got to go there....I love your Grandma Melville! I miss you tonz and can't wait to see you guys over Christmas. I think I mentioned to CAm about doing an evening like last year, except maybe with the kids this time and having a sitter, so after kid time we could do some adult time. I need it! Anyway, I look forward to seeing you guys. love you!
Fun Thanksgiving and I am in with camille in doing a night together with kids is just great and whatever. I can't wait to see you guys. love ya
oh and you said you needed two girl tag's any pref. let me know
Post a Comment