Saturday, December 13, 2008

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

We've been enjoying the Christmas season. Jace and I were busy this week making holiday treats. He especially loved to help roll out and frost sugar cookies. We delivered some plates with goodies to the neighbors.
We were so worried about Jace destroying the Christmas tree this year but surprisingly he hasn't paid much attention to it. Sometimes he'll go take off some of the bottom ornaments and try to put them back on but that's it. He hasn't even looked at the presents I have under the tree!
This is Jace's first time meeitng Santa. I've been trying to get him ready by reading books about Santa and he's been pointing out the Santa ornaments on the tree. He didn't scream, but wouldn't look at him and promptly took the candy cane and left. We're loving this time of year to enjoy all the Christmas festivities, reading the Christmas stories, and spending time together as a family.

5 comments:

Jason Both said...

We've had years without a santa picture. Every once in a while we'll get a really cute one though.
Oh, and is that polish pottery I see on the table? Very cut. Where did you get it from?

Kerry and Dave said...

We can't wait to see you next week!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Hi Carrie, how are you doing? Your trip to visit your grandma looked fun.

Jaime said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! Sorry we missed you guys at the family party. Maybe next year! I sent you guys a Christmas card, but it got returned. Can you email me your correct address? jaime_hemmert@yahoo.com Thanks!

The Duckworth Family said...

Hey! I was so sad as I was blogging to realize we never got a picture together! And I'm still so sad we never were able to get kids together. Maliyah still remembers Jace and it would be fun to see him and Jade together some day. Either way it was super fun to go shopping together again....I miss that so much! Love ya!