Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Conservatory

We've had a cloudy, rainy, cool spring and a few weeks ago took a spontaneous trip to Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago for a little cheer. The flowers were gorgeous and it felt so warm inside. Here's Jace climbing the "mountain" right behind the sign that says employees only.

Cool waterfalls.

Eli loved shoveling dirt and filling up pots. They had some fun activities for the kids. Jace made a "mud pie" out of dirt, grass, sticks, and toy bugs- he loved it.

This was my favorite place, The Fern Room. It is supposed to be the plant life that was in one of the prehistoric eras.

Jace of course being a superhero. One of my favorite parts of the day is when I overheard him telling some other moms that his name was Flash (I also lost him once due to him taking Flash's super speed powers literally). We ate our picnic there and had a great time!

1 comment:

Laura Cates said...

Looks fun! Jace is just hilarious, I love hearing all his stories about him pretending to be so many different people!